Dekha Ek Khwab to Ye Silsile Huye …
I strongly believe fostering entrepreneurship in Konkan will be key to ensuring long term economic and social prosperity and sustainability – and reducing our dependence on Gulf and Middle East countries.
We need to build avenues & opportunities along with an atmosphere to embrace failures as steps towards acceptance of entrepreneurship on large scale. There has to be a paradigm shift from being “Job Seekers” to becoming “Job Creators or Providers”.
Today the situations in the Gulf are changing. The opportunities in the Gulf countries are reducing. There are political, social and economic transformations. In the near future, there will be huge exodus of Koknees back to India.
At the same time opportunities in India are growing. The population of our region is increasing and with growing population comes growing demands for products and services. There is an Internet and smartphone boom in the country. We need to look at these factors and plan our path.
Having talked to several people and the feedback being received during meetings with several koknee brothers here in Saudi Arabia and other Gulf countries; many get stuck on a very poignant question – wapas jaake karenge kya?
Yes it is a difficult question which needs to be addressed in a proper planned and structured manner. In my endeavor to help our Koknee brothers address this question; I will be doing the following:
Business Ideas in Konkan :
- I will be posting two (2) possible business ideas every month on this platform over the next six (6) months.
- The idea could be small or medium or large.
- These ideas will be posted in the 1st and 3rd week of every month under the heading – “BUSINESS IDEAS FOR KONKAN : IDEA #XX”.
Idea Validation :
- Anyone interested is welcome to take the idea and make his/her own self study, market research and possible opportunity evaluation.
- I would be available for any support required; wherever possible.
Business Plan :
- I will support “Serious Entrepreneurs” to develop their business plan. And to some extent, the financial plan (wherever possible).
At the end of this stage, I hope our brothers will be able to evaluate the various opportunities available and will help them take a sound decision.
Please understand the following:
- I do not guarantee that any/all idea would work. It will be based on my initial study and knowledge.
- The respective person should make his own due diligence.
- I will only guide and support and would not be the one who will be doing all the work.
- I expect the person to be earnest, dedicated and committed and does his part diligently.
- Please don’t come to me and say “I am interested in doing a business in India. Tell me which one.” Sorry, I can’t help here.
- Come to me and say, “I have a business idea and I have done initial homework. Can you help me to review/validate/polish my plan?”. I would be more than happy to help.
- I will be doing this “pro-bono” and as such would help whenever my time permits. Kindly respect that.
I hope this small service from me will help our brethren to take informed decisions. I know its not much, but I am trying to contribute as much as possible.
Hopefully my endeavour will be a stepping stone to a possible “Konkan Incubator” in future to nurture and nourish varied business ideas and entrepreneurs in Konkan. InshaAllah!
I also hope my efforts become seeds for long term entrepreneurship development and prosperity for the future generations of Konkan, InshaAllah!
For more information please write to Gulzar Wangde at email@example.com